Sunday, October 12, 2008

Boo!


Some people say that Christmas is the best time of the year...I disagree. I love Halloween and October. All the leaves are changing color and the air has that cold, crisp feel. I love the decorations on houses and lawns. On Fillmore street the trees are lit with purple and orange lights creating a fun halloweeny feel. 

I also love pumpkins. Whether it be pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin seeds they all are great! And who doesn't love carving that big orange plant into a Jack-o-Lantern? Sticking your hands into the gooey inside is fun for all ages. 

Another great aspect of October is seeing all the cute/creative costumes. I love to see the little kids dress up as animals, princesses, and ghouls. It's so fun to be something different for a day. With dressing up comes all the candy! Only on Halloween are kids allowed to get a pillowcase full of yummy treats. As a kid I would go home and organize all my candy. I was sure to hide all the good stuff (like Reese's peanut but cups or Laffy Taffys) under the not so hot candy (like bubble yum or those nasty orange puffy peanuts). I did this in hopes my brothers would not take my good stuff
.
(these are my nieces. I stole the pictures from my sister in-laws blog)

I'm sure some of you are thinking, "wait Morgan, you just like Halloween because it's your birthday." While it is true that I was born on this fabulous day, therefore not only do a I get showered with candy but also gifts, it is not the only reason. I believe this holiday helps us all remember how fun it was to be a kid. We remember how we thought we could be anything and we could also eat anything and not really regret it later.

So here's to Halloween, the best holiday ever!


1 comment:

Karen said...

I love Halloween too--because that's when my little "princess witch" was born--Happy Birthday to our sweetest treat!! Enjoy your day--celebrate the month!!